Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back in the swing of things

Karl and the kids got me an iPod Nano for my birthday, which inspired me to get back into my walking/running schedule. I hit the pavement with it tonight, and it was SO much fun to be back out there, listening to my favorite podcasts--"Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me," which is great for laughs; Shields & Brooks from the "News Hour with Jim Lehrer," which probably requires too much thought while running; and "The News from Lake Woebegone" from "A Prairie Home Companion," which can make me either laugh or cry, depending on the episode.

And, of course, there's the music. To be alone again on a crisp fall evening, light drizzle falling, with everything from "Air on a G String" to U2's "Walk On" or Bruce Cockburn's "Pacing the Cage," makes me one happy chick.

I love fall.

B.

No comments: